Friday, July 07, 2006

Odds and sods


While I'm in no danger of getting a life, I have been busier than usual this week and haven't had as much time as I would have liked for blogging. In lieu of a proper post today, here are some links to some interesting stuff I've been sneaking a look at lately, but don't have time to introduce properly.

William Lewis made a nice comment on my review of Althusser's 'new' book last week; there's a review of his own book, Louis Althusser and the Traditions of French Marxism, over at the Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews site.

The Guardian Books page features an article on google's plan to digitise the books and journals of several leading academic libraries and make them available for free online. Richard Wray and Dan Milmo present the controversy the plan has created as the result of a clash of interests between google and book publishers, but don't writers have something to do with books somewhere?

Guardian Books is also running a capsule biography of Harold Pinter, the man who has made a remarkable surge in this blog's Greatest Living Writer poll, much to the consternation of Jack Ross.

Finally, if I might be allowed a quick bit of self-advertising, I'll mention that a link to my essay on the redoubtable Graham Lindsay has been added to Lindsay's author page at the New Zealand Electronic Centre, apparently at the suggestion of the great man himself. Ta Graham.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home